HVAC Cleaning Experience
Have you ever had a bad smell coming from the vents in your home? Did you know that dust, dander and debris can build up in your ducts over time causing allergies, respiratory problems, and other possible health problems?
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis makes it possible to avoid having breathing and other health problems caused by your HVAC. Our technician, Lew who leads all of our duct cleanings has been working with us for over 13 years. He has experience working with many different types of HVAC units and ducting. He has the duct cleaning down to a science. Lew is able to answer any questions you may have regarding the duct cleaning and can walk you through the whole process before he begins. This way, you know exactly what to expect.
Call to schedule your duct cleaning today before you suffer all winter long breathing in the dust and toxins that have gotten into your duct work!
Locally Owned and Operated
When you're looking for a company to clean up after water, fire or mold damage you can be sure that SERVPRO will be a reliable company for you!
We are independently owned and operated. John Halko has owned SERVPRO of North Onondaga County for over 25 years. He grew up in the area, started a business and raised a family in the area. John understands how important your home and business are to you! That's why our SERVPRO will take care of you in your time of disaster.
John also takes pride in working with other local companies to ensure that everything needed to complete the job is done. We work with local dry cleaners, industrial hygienists, dumpster and storage companies, abatement and contractors.
We will work with you and make you feel comfortable along the way. Our managers have been with our company for over 12 years and are dedicated to getting you back into your home and business as quickly as possible.
Have you experienced a sewage back up in your home or business? Sewage backups can be very dangerous, as the water can contain viruses, bacteria and other contaminants that have potential to cause illnesses. This is why we do not recommend that you clean up a sewage backup yourself. Let your local SERVPRO professionals clean it up for you! We have specialized training and cleaning products to ensure that the affected area is cleaned properly.
When we come out to assess damage, we first consider whether a water damage is a category 1, 2 or 3. From there, we determine the proper way to clean the area.
The three types of contaminated water:
Category 1: "Clean Water"
Category 1 water is from a clean source like a broken water supply line or leaking faucet. If not treated quickly, this water can turn into category 2 or 3, depending on length of time, temperature, and contact with surrounding contaminants.
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line
- If left untreated, can degrade into category 2 or 3
Category 2: "Gray Water"
Category 2 water is contaminated and could cause discomfort or illness. Examples include washing machine overflow; toilet overflow with some urine, but no feces; or dishwasher overflow.
- May contain bacteria and viruses
- Can quickly degrade into category 3 if left untreated
Category 3: "Black Water"
Category 3 water is grossly contaminated and could cause severe illness or death if ingested and any contact should be avoided. Examples include flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup
We'll be there for you! If you experience a sewage backup, give us a call day or night. We have technicians available 24/7 to clean up the water damage quickly and efficiently!
When looking at companies who can provide you with water mitigation, mold remediation and fire restoration services you might ask yourself, why SERVPRO?
Let me tell you somethings about SERVPRO:
1. SERVPRO has been around since 1967 when Ted and Doris Isaacson founded the company which started as a painting business. Today, more than 1,700 SERVPRO franchises exist nationwide. Therefore, SERVPRO has proved to be an outstanding company. SERVPRO is actually one of the top 10 franchises today.
2. Our SERVPRO started over 25 years ago. Our owner started a SERVPRO franchise, with no other employees, one vehicle and just a couple pieces of equipment. Since then, we now operate with about 20 employees, multiple types of vehicles, a wide range of equipment for all types of work in our field. We have been successful, which has allowed us to grow.
3. All of our technicians are trained and specialists in the work that they do.
4. We work with your insurance company to make sure you are covered for the work that we complete. If your insurance company does not cover a service we recommend, we will let you know the price before the work is done.
5. We work quickly to ensure that your home is back to normal ASAP.
6. We appreciate your feedback! We would like to know if your happy with our services. We also are interested in knowing if your unhappy with our services. We want to make it right, and fix anything that may have gone wrong.
Do's and Don'ts After Flooding
We understand that flooding can be a very emotional and stressful time. Your home has water in rooms where there shouldn't be water, your contents have been damaged, sometimes even ruined by the water. And now, you have to take time out of your busy life to try to make things right again in your home.
We will come out to you as soon as possible. We are usually able to get out to you the same day you call, but in case it is a busy time, below are some do's and don'ts for things you can do to help.
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
Hurricane Florence began affecting the east coast on September 14th, and has caused a great deal of damage. Even after the hurricane hit, waters continued to rise throughout the Carolina's, Virginia and parts of Maryland. Many people were displaced and homes were ruined. SERVPRO dispatched our Storm teams into the areas to begin flood cleanup.
SERVPRO has its own meteorologist, Lela Davis, who works at our corporate branch. Her job is to keep our corporate office updated on the forecast so that storm teams can be ready for dispatch in areas that is predicted to have storms. This way, we're one step a head of the weather.
Our storm teams make it possible for local franchises to reach more people in an area hit by storm and devastation. They will bring trailers of equipment with them, and as much crew as possible. Our focus is to help those in need and get homeowners back in their homes, businesses up and running quickly.
Beaver Lake Golden Harvest Festival
Come see us at the 41st Beaver Lake Golden Harvest Festival September 8th-9th from 10AM-6PM. They have some great activities planned!
There is free parking available on-site, and free shuttles from the River Mall and Tops parking lot in Baldwinsville.
At this event there will be hands on activities, horse drawn hayrides, canoeing, fresh doughnuts, live animals, games, face painting, lots of food to choose from, local artists, crafters and live music. Wylie Fox Farm from Cato, NY will be there with fresh produce!
The cost is $5 for adults and $1 for children (6-17 yrs old)
Check out their website for more information: http://www.onondagacountyparks.com/parks/beaver-lake-nature-center/golden-harvest-festival/
Make sure you stop and say hello if you see us there!
Mold remediation-What is it?
People often ask the question, what is mold remediation? Those who do not work in the mold industry may not know what mold remediation is or the procedures needed to properly get rid of mold.
It is first important to know that mold spores exist naturally just about everywhere. If you have an industrial hygienist come to your property to complete mold testing, they will test the air outside and in different areas inside your property. When the hygienist performs testing, they are looking to see what the spore count is in certain areas and what types of mold are present. Based on the testing, it can be determined what exactly needs to be done in order to remediate the mold in your home or business.
When performing remediation, it is important to follow proper procedures. First, you want to make sure the underlying problem causing the mold growth has been stopped. If your property has a moisture problem, you can remove the areas of mold that are currently present. However, the mold will continue to grow and further remediation will be necessary.
The affected area should be contained. Often to contain an affected area we set up a plastic containment barrier specially created to keep mold spores from exiting the affected area. Containment barriers should be set up around any openings in the room such as closets, hallways and doorways that lead to unaffected areas. Vents should be covered so that the spores to not get into your duct system.
Proper air filtration is necessary. SERVPRO uses air scrubbers to filter the spores out of the air while work is being completed. This step is important because while contaminated materials are being removed or cleaned, mold spores are being thrown into the air. The air scrubbers draw air in from the nearby surroundings and pass it through filters to remove contaminants.
What type of materials the mold is growing on determines the methods taken to remediate the mold. Some of the methods used for remediation are:
- Removal of the material
- Dry ice blasting
- Mold stain remover
- Mechanical steel grinding
Should you have any questions regarding mold, please call our office at 315-457-3432.
Did you think SERVPRO only performs mitigation and restoration inside of residential and commercial properties? We also do work on the exterior of properties when affected by water, fire or other mayhem.
The picture below is a commercial building that experienced smoke damage when a car parked on the street next to the building caught fire. The building was covered from top to bottom with soot. We used one of SERVPRO’s newest products, a water-less masonry cleaner to clean the soot off of the outside of the building. This square area was a test patch that we did to ensure the product would work to the customer’s liking. The owner of the building was extremely happy with the results of the restoration we were able to perform.
Our SERVPRO can pressure wash vinyl siding that has been affected by smoke damage to make it look fresh and new.
Another exterior service we provide is board-ups and roof tarping. We have an emergency crew available 24/7 if you experience a broken door or window that needs to be boarded up while waiting for a repair. If you have a leaky roof, we can tarp the roof until repairs can be made to stop further damage inside of the home.
Defense Against Mold Growth
It is important to start mitigation as soon as a water damage happens to avoid mold growth. Mold can start to become visible in as little as 24-48 hours depending on the conditions. Many times, water damages are not found immediately which makes it vital to respond to water damage as soon as it is found. Mold can be harmful to you and your loved ones, as well as, the building structure. Somethings you can do to fight mold growth:
- Keep the humidity between 30-60 percent
- Provide proper drainage away from the building structure
- Inspect plumbing and appliances regularly
- Keep gutters and drains free from debris
- Inspect windows, doorways, roofs and other areas where water may enter
- Don't leave it, respond to all water intrusions immediately
- Call us if you experience water damage!